Getting confused/not remembering

I just watched Codi PAC becaus they were in the Gower. :confused: Not as good as English speaking programmes I’m sad to say. But it was alright.

Ble mae’r siop?

1 Like

Pen-y-bont. The Works.
I don’t know the Welsh for McArthur Glen :slight_smile:

I live in Coity!

:grinning:

Bydda i‘n siarad Cymraeg i ti pan dwi’n mynd yno nesaf :+1:t3:

Mae eisiau I fi dysgu mwy a ymarfer!

I might just end up forgetting all I know because of anxiety :joy:
Ond Diolch! Hoffwn I y cyfle ymarfer.

Paid â becso :relieved:

Shwmae Jen,

Wyt ti’n gweithio ‘fory?

Dwi’n mynd i brynu crys t Lacoste a Bydda i’n dod i weld i ti am sgwrs.

Honestly, I’m understanding what you’re saying from remembering GCSE Welsh and some goggle translate. Diolch!

Dw I ddim yn gweithio yfory ond diolch yn fawr am meddwl I fi.
Dw I wedi bod yn ddysgu cymraeg am biti wythnos. Ond Mae gyda fi dysgu mwy.

1 Like

Da iawn, dal ati!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for posting this as i’m on level 1 and found the thread really helpful. Have been struggling a bit on challenge 22, which seems to throw in some curve balls, and getting frustrated about when to “bod” mid sentence and “i” before verbs. However, enjoying the ride and will trust in the method and keep going :confused:

2 Likes

I’m really new to this, and only on challenge 8 - not sure where to post this under the magnitude of conversations of this!? but Im already confused so thought this was the best place to post and wondered if anyone could enlighten me?
On challenge 8, they say, “Ive still got to improve” and the answer is “ma dal rhaid I fi wella” why is it not “ma dal gyda fi wella” ? I thought Rhaid was must. - and to have was ma gyda fi?? IT goes on to use ma dal gyda fy, and I am stuck as to what the difference is? Can anyone help?
diolch

1 Like

Hi @lizzy-1, I think it’s down to the fact that in English we use ‘got’ and ‘got to’ to stand in for very different meanings. When saying “I’ve still got to improve”, what you’re really saying is “I must improve” - hence the ‘rhaid i fi’ construction that you’ve noted.
Whereas when one says “I’ve got a cat” or “I’ve still got a chance”, what one is really talking about in this case is possession - hence “Mae cath gyda fi” or “Ma dal gyda fi cyfle” (the order of words in the sentence can vary a bit according to personal choice).
Hope this is helpful.

3 Likes

Thank you so much AlanP! That has really helped me. Im really grateful for your quick reply too, made me feel far less alone on my learning journey! Diolch

5 Likes