Fy rhaglen i

Today I spoke on fy rhaglen i on Radio Cymru. This week the Derby learners group have been invited to contribute ( 6pm ), fantaastic experience but nerve wracking experience but well worth doing it, I had to

1. introduce myself and say why I learned Welsh ( 1 minute)
    2, select a programme article you enjoyed and say why.
  2. a second choice and why
  3. Select a song you enjoyed listening to on your alloted day ( the day before)
5 Likes

Da iawn Maynard. Link here:

(Starts about 5.50 into the clip).

2 Likes

thanks Mke, I like the heading ā€˜Pobl o bob rhan o Gymru .ā€™ They say that the ā€˜Lynnā€™ in Kingā€™s Lynn where I live comes from Cymraeg. Also Buddug ( Boudicea) was our Celtic queen !

Gwych! Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn i ti :star2:

I normally arrive home from work halfway through this programme and switch it off as I leave the car outside the house. Both yesterday and today I sat in the car and waited for it to end. And not just (in the case of today) because Iā€™m a big fan of 9Bach! :smile:

3 Likes

I caught it just as I was getting home too. You were great!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

thanks Netmouse, I just keep thinking, wouldnt it be great for us SSIWers have regular 15 minute slot of our own on Radio Cymru. Iā€™m pretty sure almost everyone in Cymru knows about us by now,

5 Likes

Syniad da. Or even shorter 5 minute slots. Could be called e.g. ā€œLearnerā€™s Cornerā€, and could be slotted in occasionally between programmes.

Perhaps people could get together and prepare such short recordings and offer them to RC? They would have to be done in such a way that it wouldnā€™t be too obvious a commercial slot for SSiW ā€¦ not that Iā€™d have a problem with that, but Aunty Beeb might.

EDIT: Or on Radio Wales, of course.

(Does anyone have suitable contacts?)

Iā€™m in two minds about this kind of idea.

On the one hand I really donā€™t like the idea of ghettoising learners into a space from which they may find it difficult to escape, while on the other hand this might be the chink of light that leads to a future open door.

Still undecided having thought about it more while Iā€™ve been typing thisā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes