First Post

Hey everybody!
I’m new to this forum and to this site. I just began starting Level 1 for southern Welsh. I’m just wanting to connect with other people who have used this site and what everyone’s experience has been like. Thanks so much!

Chelsea

4 Likes

Hi Chelsea, welcome. I am fairly new also. I just finished the 6th lesson of level 1 (northern). I think you will enjoy learning Welsh with this course. I find the way it is done makes acquiring the language almost automatic.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I really like it so far I just finished lesson 2. I got some music in Welsh and I felt really proud of myself that I understood a few of the words.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s really cool when you start understanding the words you hear. I think Welsh is the best language to sing in. It just sounds so magical to me. If you want to find some more Welsh music Youtube has a bunch. DistantDreamer93 is a Welsh girl who has posted a ton of Welsh videos. She always posts the English and Welsh lyrics which is great. I find this course and learning Welsh songs is going a long way in helping me learn Welsh quickly.

There is also a thread on here posting welsh music.

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll look into that.

Hi Chelsea,

I’m pretty new here too - I’m just over halfway through the first course. I’ve found that it’s very easy to pick up, and you tend to move on very quickly.

Karla

6 Likes

Hi Chelsea. Croeso yma! (Welcome here)

I’m prety old here. :slight_smile: and just finished Course 2 (southern)

Hope you’ll enjoy here and find many useful tips and advises aswell as new friends and partners to speak with.

Hwl. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Chelsea to the forum. Pob lwc!

1 Like

Croeso i’r fforwm Chelsea!

We’re all here to help you on your journey through our beautiful language, and all at varying levels in both dialects. So any questions you have about the course, certain words or phrases, or even where you can park your giraffe (don’t ask - it’ll make sense to you eventually!) just ask us here and someone will be sure to answer your question fairly quickly!

Pob lwc gyda’r cwrs! :blush:

4 Likes

I love this one! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Chelsea (and Karla!) - lovely to see you on the forum, and well done for getting off to such a great start :sunny: :star2:

Any problems at all, as the others have said, come and sing out here and we’ll do our best to help :sunny:

2 Likes

Hi Chelsea, croeso!

I’ve just about completed Course One (Southern) and it’s been a great learning experience. The Forum is brilliant - very friendly and helpful. Don’t be put off from asking any questions which you may feel are “silly” or “simple” - no questions are silly, and some of the answers may show that your question was not simple at all, and you were quite right to ask it!

Pob lwc (“Good luck” - at least I think that’s how you say it!)

2 Likes

Just adding my Helo too!

Andy :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Where is everyone from? I saw on the map there are people from all over the place.

Slovenia - tiny country settled inbetween mountains and the sea, neighbouring Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow! I believe I’ve heard of it.

1 Like

Barry in South Wales. Not as exotic as some of the people here mind, but I’m in the right place to find opportunities to use my Welsh!
Originally though, I’m from Kent, South East England.

1 Like

Welcome, Chelsea! I am in the United States; I have no one here to speak Welsh with, but I am really enjoying learning the language anyway! This forum is full of friendly people who are always so kind and helpful. I am currently on Lesson 21 of the Southern Course 1.

2 Likes

Great. I’m in the United States too. So Barry have you been able to talk to some people in Welsh?

Hi again Chelsea. I’m in Shropshire, UK. Look for the thread about the ssiw map or PM @Sionned and you can have a pin on the map plus see where every one is!

1 Like