Finding people to practice speaking Welsh with on Skype

I was wondering, is there a specific section of this forum where we can look for people to practice speaking Welsh with on Skype? Or do we just message people on here directly and ask? I’d like to eventually get some sort of real life meet up going in my area with local Welsh speakers, but that’s kinda tricky right now and could take a while, so Skype seems a good option. Thanks.

1 Like

If you search for Skype you can find quite a few threads with people looking to practise - but you might also find www.saysomethingin.com/wsp faster and more useful by now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Aran. I’ll certainly join the WSP group in the very near future and go from there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @neil-kendall, You will find that when you join us on Welsh Speaking Practice, you can either join in a hangout or speak to people on a 1-to-1 basis. In the meantime, if you would like a Skype session first, I would be happy to chat with you via that route also.

2 Likes

Great, I’ll join WSP shortly then. I’m definitely interested in speaking to you on Skype too if you’re free sometime this week, if you’re willing to be patient with me while I get used to real life Welsh conversation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes very aware of the need to be patient - just as I’ve needed others to be patient with me as I’ve progressed with speaking over the last twelve months. I will send you a direct message to fix a time.

1 Like