Fideos am Gemeg a Blog Personol

Firstly, I like the new forum system! The minimalist style is very nice.

I have posted quite a few new videos on my chemistry channel just now. Three new “Quick definition” videos and three videos of a new style. The new style ones, called “Ymarfer!”, are me going through chemical problems and their (usually mathematical) solutions. I feel that these are quite slow in pace (probably too slow in parts), as I have to concentrate in using the handwriting tablety thing I have and because I want to try to record the whole thing in one take.

Quick Definitions

Ymarfer!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5vipho3WZhFbMZleQwz2n05UWnqyXcQS

Thanks very much, really glad you like it…:slight_smile:

Great work with the videos. We will, I promise, make sure that we get video embedding working okay here in due course…:slight_smile:

You have a lovely simple way to explain quite difficult concepts.
Keep up the good work!

@Ifan: I just tried to edit the post with the video links to make it “fit” the width a little better. I used the return button in the middle of the link and then checked preview. The text after the return return to normal (black) text and became disconnected from the link proper (blue text). Any simple way we can tidy up?
I would have quarantined this post, but as I PMd you, it doesn’t hide it, as quarantining a thread does. In any case, people are aware that we are tinkering and it’s hardly a national secret…
Edit- well that’s made me look like a monkey, there’s now nothing wrong with the width. What was occurring was the link had spilled outside the box and looked silly. Unless you’ve been tinkering while I was typing just now? Using iPad, btw.

Nope, no tinkering. All looks fine to me.

Regarding quarantining - it absolutely does hide them :slight_smile: I just checked by quarantining that very post and having a look as my non-mod test user. Whatever happened to Geraint was some kind of edge case I think. If quarantining straight-up didn’t work, I wouldn’t have released it at all :wink:

Yes we know that you are tinkering and … so what? What mess would the forum be in if you weren’t tinkering? We need you to tinker. As you were … :wink:

Thank you Gary. I do quite like trying to find the simplest ways to explain things.

I have just added a new quick definition video for “Hanner Oes - Half Life”

And just spent a while putting subtitles in welsh and english for the first of the Ymarfer videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HccABcOeeV4&list=PL5vipho3WZhFbMZleQwz2n05UWnqyXcQS

Gary Stokes: What was occurring was the link had spilled outside the box and looked silly.

Kinetic & Gary, fyi, the same thing is happening for me (on iPad) right now with a link in Dinas’s post in the thread called MUTATION ENQUIRY. (I don’t think I can link directly to that thread or post.)

Right click -> Copy link address or open in new tab and take the url from there should get you a direct link:

https://site.saysomethingin.com/communities/welsh-for-english-speakers/topics/87378fd9212de8ee

Or, indeed, just copy the link of the current page from the bar in the browser, as that works now :slight_smile:

Ooh, so it does! Fab…:seren-aur-i-bawb:

wondersheep (Kev): just copy the link of the current page from the bar in the browser

Not on Apple products, I think? I’m on iOS7 (iPad / iPhone) – there’s no equivalent to right-click, and the address in the browser window just shows as site.saysomethingin.com, with no additional data denoting a thread, so I don’t see how to make that trick work. Any ideas?

Doing this from my phone just to be sure :slight_smile:

Tap the address bar, select all, copy. Then in the reply field you want, tap and paste: https://site.saysomethingin.com/communities/welsh-for-english-speakers/topics/d81d737af9deec3a

Tada, a link to this thread.

By the way: holding your finger on something is the iOS equivalent to a desktop right-click in most contexts.

On Android, you can hold your finger on a link for a while until you get a set of options - not sure if they include copying a link or not - does iOS have anything like that?

Diolch yn fawr, Kev! I didn’t know that all the specific URL info is hiding but accessible. :slight_smile:

Dw i wedi esbonio “Adeiledd Electronig yr Atom” mewn tua tri munud yn fy fideo newydd!
I have explained the electronic structure of the atom in about 3 minutes in my new video!

Aran said: On Android, you can hold your finger on a link for a while until you get a set of options - not sure if they include copying a link or not - does iOS have anything like that?

Yep! We have an ‘open link’ button, ‘open in new page’ button, an 'add to reading list, button and a ‘copy link’ button when you hold your finger on a link on iOS.

Isdeitlau Cymraeg a Saesneg ar y fideo nawr :slight_smile:

Da iawn Ashley! Mae dy fideos di yn hollol wych! You must have quite a few of them by now. You speak very well and very clearly on them too. Gwaith ardderchog - dal ati! :slight_smile:

My android tablet has a list of options for a “long click” (holding your finger or a stylus on a link until the list opens): “open link in new tab” “open link in private tab” “copy link” “share link” “bookmark link” and (in this case) “open link in YouTube”.

I can also highlight text with a long click, moving the end markers to where I want, and long click again to copy to the clipboard.