Evening classes in Cardiff

Superb achievement, llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn iawn! :star: :star2:

And yes you would be able to hold a job down in Welsh - it’d take you about a week or two to get up to speed in a specific environment :sunny:

Hollol wych. A diolch o galon am dy gefnogaeth hael :sunny:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to hold down my job in Welsh, as it requires a very high degree of ‘natural ear’ for the language (and an in-depth knowledge of grammar & vocabulary). But I have been thinking I might like a bit of a change so I’ve got my ear to the ground for anything where my transferable skills could be used that also needs Welsh. If anyone hears of anything in Cardiff…

1 Like

Fingers crossed :sunny:

[Yeah, I hear you about stuff to do with editing!]

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting this Sara - it has really inspired me to do a bit more.
I have nearly been learning for a year and hope to be at the end of C3 by then.
Have registered for mynediad 2 in September and now wondering if I should just stick to SSIW. I am not very confident generally and also a bit slow at learning but I don’t want to be bored next year.
Definately going to find those grammar books.
Hopefully see you at the next monday thingy!

2 Likes

You go, Jenny! Will be lovely to see you in the Mochyn Du. And if you’re feeling brave and want to practise before then there’s a group that meets at Chapter every Monday night. There are some people there who are completely fluent and others who are more or less complete beginners - a total mix. If you let me know in advance if you want to go, I’d be happy to meet you outside so that you don’t have to go in on your own :smile:

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re doing amazingly well Sara. Its a shame our paths didn’t cross while I was living in Cardiff - I think I left just before you arrived.

If you are thinking of looking for a welsh medium job - go for it! If you see a job being advertised that you think you might be able to do then apply. The golwg360 website is a good place to start. I applied for job at S4C that was similar to what I had been doing in English, thinking it was just good practice at applying for jobs in Welsh. I ended up working there for 18 months. You just never know. Pob lwc! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Sara!