East Sheen monthly welsh/english conversation group. Croeso i pawb

We meet on the second Wednesday of every month in the Hare and Hounds, Upper Richmond Road. From 7:30pm to 9pm. A friendly informal group, we include welsh speakers from North and South, people learning through courses or, like me, remembering the language of childhood and picking it up as I go along!. This month on the 14th there’ll be a little quiz and prizes!!!

2 Likes

Sut mae pawb.
It’s been lovely meeting the various people who turned up for our meetings. From north and south Wales and with everything from ‘dictionary in hand’ to ‘learnt from childhood’ via ‘learnt at bootcamps’. Biggest discussion - what is the word for wife? Answer menwy of course. Wel, rwyfi’n dod o Sir Gaerfyrrddin. Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn i pawb. We’re now suspending the monthly meeting for the summer and will look forward to getting together again as autumn comes in. Pob hwyl, Sheelagh. Apologies for any mistakes.

4 Likes

Hello @Sheelagh!

I hope everyone is keen to get back into the Welsh conversation after the summer. Any idea when the next monthly meetup will take place?

Diolch, Dee

2 Likes

Hi @Sheelagh, I’m going to have to remove this meetup from the weekly email if I don’t get confirmation that it’s definitely on. Has it started up again after the summer?

Diolch, Dee

1 Like