Dysgwyr Cymraeg y Flwyddyn Sir Benfro 2016

I haven’t made much use of the forum recently but wanted to share my good news with everyone and say a huge thank you to SSIW. I was fortunate enough today to win Dysgwyr Cymraeg y Flwyddyn Sir Benfro having been nominated by my tutor. I am (at least) the third SSIW user to win the trophy, following in the footsteps of Matthew Rempes and Mike Cavanagh. Mike was on the panel who interviewed me and he presented me with the trophy.

I cannot thank you all at SSIW enough for everything you have done for me since I first started learning. You are all fantastic X

12 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Llongyfarchiadau @dreamsofwales!

Llongyfarchiadau @dreamsofwales!

1 Like

Llongyfarchiadau! Da iawn!

1 Like

Gwych! Brilliant news. Llongyfarchiadau mawrion mawr!

Llongyfarchiadau mawrion mawr!

Many congratulations! Where do you live in Pembrokeshire? I am from Johnston originally and went to Tasker’s (when it was a girls’ grammar school) in Haverfordwest. My parents chose for me to learn French rather than Welsh, so it has been a hard slog to learn Welsh when I moved back to Wales! However, I am reasonably comfortable speaking it now. I now live in Barry by the way.

Oh how many of us are there with the same story?? Far more than those with parents who saw some reason for us to learn the language of our ancestors!

Where do you live in Sir Benfro ?. There are a lot of saturday coffee mornings

Llongyfarchaidau mawr i ti. Gobeithio byddwn ni’n cwrdd eto cyn bo hir. Wyt ti wedi bod yn yr un dosbarth a fy ngwr Roger Carey. Da iawn, Susan

That’s great news, Michelle. I have often thought of you - you helped me loads via Skype some moons ago. I am really delighted to hear your dreams are coming true. One day I’ll be down your way and hope to meet up as promised.

Llongyfarchiadau i dreansofwalres. O’n i byw yn Sir Benfro a rwan yn Awsralia.Dw i’n hapus iawn i ffeindio rhwyn sydd wedi dysgu Cymraeg yno.
Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg yma yn Awsralia. Hwyl fawr, Jeantyw

Hello there, great to hear from you. I hope all is going well for you over in Barry. Are you still watching Pobol y Cwm? I admit I am still a fan. I really enjoyed our skype chats but am sure it was you helping me and not the other way around! You are very welcome here anytime, I’m just south of Crymych. Life here is very good and we now have sheep, pigs, chickens and a donkey to keep us busy. Take care and hope to see you sometime. Michelle

Thanks very much everyone. It was great to hear from so many old friends as well as some new ones too.

Wow, Michelle! Sheep, pigs, chickens and donkey? That’s really going for it. Yes, I’m still hooked on Pobol y Cwm. Hope you’ve still got the dog. Do you ever see Matthew Rempes?

@dreamsofwales is you Michelle, I only just realised. Llongyfarchiadau again.

Hi Margaret, yes it is me. I came to your Carmarthen group once, a couple of months ago and you made me very welcome. Thank you. Sorry I’ve not been back, it’s a bit too far and not an easy evening for me. I’ll see you at the Learners’ Festival in Narberth though. Thanks again for your good wishes.

Last I heard, Matthew had gone back to live in the US.