Dysgwr y Flwyddyn/Learner of the Year 2015

She says, putting herself in the cross-hairs at the same time…:wink:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve entered … pam lai? So I’ll be seeing you at Gregynog then SJ? :wink:

3 Likes

@Dee If all goes to plan, I’ll be in Western Australia the weekend of the DyF semi-finals…

They have Skype there, you know? It may feel like the end of the earth but it has been touched by modern technology :wink:

1 Like

It will feel like the end of the earth by the time I get there ;). I think entering three times would be a bit weird to be honest. :laughing:

LOL! Hmm, yes, I feel a bit weird about entering twice and I definitely won’t do it again after this time, so I think you’re off the hook.

I reserve the right to look at SJ over the top of my glasses the next time we meet, and possibly even raise an eyebrow…:wink:

1 Like

@aran That will be at the Eisteddfod then, since I’ve just booked somewhere to stay. :slight_smile:

Right - lets get this thread back on track.
Who else apart from @Deborah-SSi and @elizabeth_j_corbett_ is competing this year??
There are a few of us on the forum who have been there, done that, and will be happy to do skype chats and practice interviews with you.

1 Like

I heard a rumour that @jonthomas might be having a go. Is that true Jon?

1 Like

I will be at Gregynog although I am not sure why! Maybe it is because Catrin came to one of our classes and I thought why not.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer Dinas. I have asked a couple of my Melbourne Welsh buddies. Too many suggestions may just send me into a spin :slight_smile:

I am happy to have Skype chats. Let’s get the application in first. Then I’ll start begging. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What? No, I’ve not made any plans to compete. Don’t think I’m at that stage yet. Maybe next year. :wink:

But pob lwc to everyone who is applying. Look forward to hearing how it goes. : -)

Nope, you’re already way past it! I’d say you speak as much Welsh as I did when I got to the last four, and I made a decent enough showing in the final round.

Did you win, though? :smile:

No, I didn’t - I’d call winning a bit better than ‘a decent show’. But I hope (confidently) that none of the SSiW entrants go into it thinking that only the winner has done well :sunny:

1 Like

I was happy with my fifth place alongside about twenty-five others. Actually, it was a great day out - which was the main thing - and, I got to embarrass myself with, Jim “Parc” Nest by saying something totally dumb.

1 Like

Although probably not quite as stupid as when I asked him (to my friend Richard’s huge delight) if he spoke Welsh (while we were canvassing around Aberystwyth for the elected mayor referendum way back when).

That’s the gist of what I said! :smile:

1 Like

He’s probably used to it by now, then…:wink:

I’m guessing that this is one of those activities where the taking part is at least as important, and probably more so, than actually winning.

2 Likes