Doubting already

Thanks for help and comments…before the day ends I have the third 10 mins of Lesson 7 to battle through! First 10 mins not too bad…second chunk not very good…had to use the vocabulary to get through but will try not to in the future…or at least not too much!!!

2 Likes

One thing I find useful is to think of each challenge as just an introduction to the new words and structures. There is no expectation that you will KNOW them by the end of that challenge. That will come later down the track after you’ve had plenty of exposure to them, attempts to get them out but only been vaguely close to them, and sometimes gone blank completely. That is all totally normal and not to be worried about. Every exposure adds a little more information to your brain until you reach the point where it becomes second nature, but it all takes time.

7 Likes

Diolch Dee,
Trouble is I have been struggling with it for some 7 years…however I will take your comments on board. But at 82, I’d better get a move on, I reckon! I find the vocabulary is useful…because I easily forget, but also because I like to SEE the new words as well as hear them…
Pob Bendith.

If you find it useful and it helps you, that’s the most important thing. We have some very successful learners of a similar age, so you’re in good company. Dymuniadau gorau i ti, and I hope I’ll still be learning new languages when I hit 80!

2 Likes