Deepest condolences to Liz from her SSiW Family

It is with great sadness I share with you the news that this week, one of our wonderful learners, Elizabeth Jane Corbett, lost her youngest daughter.

It is with Elizabeth’s blessing I share with you this news.

@elizabeth_jane needs little introduction. She is one of the most bubbly, enthusiastic and passionate Welsh learners I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Her smile, positive energy and brightness touches everyone she meets.

Liz lives in Melbourne Australia with her husband Andrew, but has had many visits to Wales in the last few years. You may have had the pleasure of meeting Liz as she attended Bootcamps and travelled the country researching her novel, The Tides Between, which was published late last year.

Liz and Andrew have four grown up children. Their youngest was the beautiful Naomi Priya Corbett, who left this earth on the 15th of this month. She was only in her twenties and was deeply loved by all who knew her.

These are Elizabeth’s words…

Those who know us will know that our daughter Naomi Corbett has struggled with anxiety and depression for some time. Last night she lost the fight. She is gone from us. We are all terribly, terribly undone. We will miss her so much.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Naomi Priya, but have listened to Liz talk about her with so much love, passion, dedication and hope. Liz, a very devoted and patient mother, has kindly been an understanding ear and source of wisdom for me on many an occasion.

I am deeply saddened by their tragic loss and know that they are completely devastated to have to say goodbye to their baby. Please join me in sending our condolences to Liz and their family at this very difficult time.

I leave you with a poem Liz posted in the wake of losing her daughter…

Hiraeth mawr a hiraeth creulon,
Hiraeth sydd yn torri 'nghalon;
Pan fwyf dryma’r nos yn cysgu,
Fe ddaw hiraeth ac a’m deffry.

Great longing and cruel longing,
Longing which is breaking my heart;
When I most heavily by night do sleep,
Then comes longing and awakens me.

12 Likes

The family have chosen Headspace as their charity of choice…

https://app.etapestry.com/bbphosted/Headspace/OnlineDonation.html?_ga=2.261932677.922562765.1518850046-1806087615.1518850046

2 Likes

@elizabeth_j_corbett_ you have my deepest deepest condolences. I know there is not much that can be said to help in situations like this, but I am thinking of you.

Cariad mawr Liz, dw i’n edrych ymlaen at weld ti eto cyn bo hir

2 Likes

Elizabeth, you’ve lost something so precious, it’s heart-breaking to hear about and I can’t imagine how you feel. You’ll have some lovely memories - keep them close.
Cym ofal, ffrind annwyl.

3 Likes

Dear Liz.
I’m so sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my sincere condolences. My wish is that you will all treasure the happiest of memories in your hearts.

2 Likes

Yn anfon cariad mawr.

1 Like

Dear Liz, please accept my very deepest condolences. I can’t begin to imagine how heartbroken you all are, and I know there are no adequate words right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

Mae’n ddrwg iawn i glywed hyn, dwi ddim yn gwybod beth i dweud. Dwi’n gobeithio byddi di’n ffeindo cryfder mewn amser anodd yma.

I am very sorry to hear this, I don’t know what to say. I hope you’ll find strength in this hard time.

2 Likes

So sad to hear this. Every parent’s deepest fear. Hopefully, in time, the good memories will help to overcome the very sad ones.

2 Likes

@elizabeth_jane you know my heart is trying to bridge the tides.

2 Likes

Maureen and I send our love and deepest condolences.

2 Likes

Sending you all my love and support. So sorry to hear the news.

2 Likes

It’s impossible to imagine what you and your family are going through right now. You have my deepest condolences.

2 Likes

@elizabeth_jane I’m deeply sorry and there are no words to express the feelings. Receive my condolences and love. I often think of you all …

2 Likes

I’m so sad to read this. I can’t imagine how you feel now. Please accept my deepest condolences.
I’ll pray for you.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this terrible news, every parent’s worst fear. Remember all the good times and cherish them forever. Love to you and your family.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time . All the best to you and your family

2 Likes

Annual Liz (@elizabeth_j_corbett_)
I first heard the so sad news about Naomi Priya when you set up a page for her on Facebook. It must have been such a shock for you, one couldn’t begin to imagine how you must be feeling and so difficult to know what to say that might give any degree of comfort. Since then the tributes to her have come pouring in from near and far. She clearly made an enormous contribution to the lives of so many people and will be greatly missed. I hope that their words will be of some comfort and help to sustain you and your family in the days to come.
Remember that love and support from all of us in SSiW will be waiting for you when you come back to Wales in the Summer. In the meantime we are thinking of you and sending cariad mawr.
Anne

2 Likes

So very sorry Liz, even though Melbourne is so far from Perth my wife and I feel our hearts touching yours, and sharing your grief. God bless you and your family. Gerald and Lesley Jones.

2 Likes

Family and friends gathered today to say their final goddbyes to Naomi Priya. I hope that the enormous love shared today helped them all to find strength and peace. :heart:

4 Likes