Course 1 Northern Am I Normal? (plus remaining Level 2 North course notes)

Prynhawn da pawb
I am pleased to report that I have finished Level 1. I really enjoyed doing it and I have a feeling that now I have some useful short forms to hand I may rarely go the long way round! (Though it IS useful to KNOW the long way round!)
I have found that it has been of great benefit to do the Courses AND now the Levels. Level 1 has been invaluable in clearing up some things I struggled with in the Courses. I have a much clearer grasp of anything to do with ‘bod’ than I had previously - you might remember my nightmare over ‘sydd’?! I have also found that all the various sentence structures like ‘he told me, she told my mother, he said, you said’ - that kind of thing has really bedded in well now and im ‘getting’ it, which wasn’t really the case at end of Course 2. FANTASTIC!
SO looking forward to Level 2!

6 Likes

Huge congratulations! And there’ll be a fair bit of new L2 stuff coming out in the next month or so… :sunny:

1 Like

Helo pawb

I thought I’d report progress which has been really slow lately. I had my week in Ynys Môn mid October, which tends ironically, to be a week with LESS Cymraeg as I was with a none speaker. I couldnt do my lessons as normal. I was already struggling a tadge with Level 2, finding lessons quite challenging. I got back with no motivation whatsoever…I felt that being able to actually communicate in Welsh whilst there was as far away as ever. I didnt do much for a couple of weeks which is why Ive not been on the forum much. Ive just completed challenge 5 today and feeling more motivated again, I found 4 terribly hard and am guilty of a good number of repeats. I feel progress is grindingly slow at the moment and really wish I could find the time to speak with other learners as I know it’s what i need. Anyhow…mustn’t grumble, i have had my moratorium and Im back on it!

2 Likes

I think there’s a link between those two things…:wink:

How about saving the repeats for when you’ve finished Level 2? That should get you ticking along (and just laugh madly in the face of the moments of despair!).

Everyone has down patches, Ruth. Don’t beat yourself up about them. Enjoy the rest of Level 2 - because once you’ve got to the end of it, I’m going to start nagging you about getting yourself a Skype partner (or several)… :sunny:

2 Likes

Ooooo, yes!

And @4Ruth I know how you followed all my posts, all my progress, giving me encouragement from time to time, now here I am … you’re on the same way of triumph and magic no matter how slow your progress seams to you. And yes, save those repeats … you might do them later but I believe last 2 challenges of both Levels (well when things will be finished) will do the whole trick and you won’t want to repeat anything but those 4 Challenges from time to time but it will surely happen less and less and you’ll skype (or talk in person with the people) more and more …

Come on, Ruth, let’s do it! Go forward! :slight_smile: You will do it!

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn Aran & Tatjana! Your kind words are so encouraging. Today Ive cracked on for an hour of lesson, and listened to Radio Cymru. All good!

3 Likes

Superb! That’s an excellent rate - and do remember, that the more you learn, the smaller each individual step forwards feels - that’s why people often think they’ve hit a ‘plateau’ - but keep on taking those small steps, and they will eventually take you somewhere wonderful… :sunny:

2 Likes

Helo pawb yn bore da, just to let you know Im still here, my learning took a back seat over the last few weeks with the run up to Christmas etc. Im now up to Challenge 15 Level 2 Northern. There is no list of vocab since 11… i find it really helpful to look at the words after i have completed the lesson, anyone know where I can get hold of them?! Diolch yn fawr iawn!

1 Like

Taggine @essenbee here. He’s the right one to give this answer.

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

1 Like

Diolch Tatjana!! X

1 Like

I’m not sure… He hasn’t been on the forum since the end of September '15, unfortunately. I’ve been wondering where he disappeared to! Was it just him doing them, or an official SSiW thing included in the subscriptions? I was never sure!

1 Like

As much as I know @essenbee does them for North and @faithless78 for south version. I never heard of any other that would do them. However I might be wrong.

1 Like

Ah, pity if he’s gone then!

I would be happy to carry this on for the Northern course until Stu returns. However it may be the end of the week before they appear as I will need to run through the lessons myself, and I have a full week this week, including a meet at Y Mochyn Du this evening.
Also, they will be in the same style as I do them for the Southern course, ie only the Welsh words will be provided. This leaves it up to the learner to distinguish for themselves what words they are learning and allows them to make their own notes with the English translations if they wish. This was how I used the course notes (which were all written the same way) when I was doing the old course.
I will set aside some time in the evenings after work to do this, if people are happy with this.
Gav

3 Likes

I’ve took a bit of a look into the notes he posted on this forum and as much as I could establish they’re more or less the same as yours, what means only Eglish words and then structures. Since @4Ruth asked about this, may she decide what she’d prefer though.

Stu ( @essenbee) you’re highly missed, not only because of the course guides, but at least I miss your posts already for quite some time. I hope you’re OK.

3 Likes

Probably being dense here, but where are they? I can find the notes for level one (northern only) hidden away in a link in the introduction to level one lessons page, but I can’t find anything else.

1 Like

Guide to Level 2 (Northern)

And, sorry all, I’ve messed up. It really contains English translations too so it is a bit different then that one of @faithless78.

1 Like

Ah, Diolch, Tatjana!

Dim problem … :slight_smile:

Are you on the new design, Ruth? I noticed a gap there last week - I’ll fill them in this week… :sunny:

In other news, Stu had a grandchild, so I think he’s been more than a little busy…:wink:

2 Likes