Complete beginner (and English too!)

Henddraig, (which I am sure you are not) , I appreciate your wish to help, but believe me I have heard all that many times before. I suppose that I have also trotted it out, as I was a special needs teacher. Where my specific learning difficulties were an asset. I’ve been skulking around SSIW for some years, having started to learn Welsh some 15 years plus ago. I can read simple Welsh, often, but cannot speak it or hear meaning when someone speaks to me. A mountain of books, CDs DVDs and learning materials and courses have been bought. I’ve been to lovely lovely Nant G a few times for courses, and inspiration… It is only the quite exceptionally supportive attitude of Aran and others than have kept me coming back. It is just not happening. SSIW is still the only course I have come across that tries doggedly to deliver what it says it delivers.I see the methodology as being sound. It is me that isn’t. :slight_smile:

I’m fairly sure that you are, but that you are so hard on yourself that it becomes almost impossible for you to find the way forward.

The offer’s still open… :slight_smile:

WooHoo - Challenge 4 done without using the pause button at all!!! OK, one or two mistakes but definitely an improvement. Did Challenge 5 earlier too - might take me another couple of runs through on that one!

2 Likes

Sounds as though if anything, you’re too close to perfect! I bet you dont ne another run through 5! :slight_smile:

I was having a crisis going on from level 1 to level 2. I told myself I would never learn Welsh and didn’t know anything.
Wrong!
I went back to Lesson 1 level 1 and repeated the whole course doing a couple of sessions a day.
Do you know, I can actually speak loads of Welsh. I was amazed at what I had learned.
Now back to working through level two, and I do listen to the lesson once, then work on it several times before I am able to go on to the next.
The difference with me now is that I know it is working!

4 Likes