Comments on the Six Minute a Day course

Hi @chandra_s, the Six Minutes course sends you an email each Monday with the Challenge for the week, plus some additional tasks.
Some people work along at that suggested pace, either just doing 10 minutes of the Challenge each day, or repeating it a few times if they wish. While it’s not necessary to repeat as the material itself is repeated for you in following Challenges, it’s not a problem if you’d like to do that.
Other people like to move on at a faster pace, so they use the ‘Learn’ option above and choose ‘Challenges’ to work on independently. They either ask to be moved ahead in the course from time to time, then work through the emails they’ve jumped over, or they allow the emails to come according to the usual schedule and have another run through the Challenge for the week as a way of seeing how much they’ve improved in the meantime.
Have you joined the 6/6 Support Slack group? It’s a good place to discuss these kinds of questions and to join in the online Q&A and Welsh practice sessions.

1 Like

I’ve just signed up today after completing the trial (‘Learn One Sentence in Welsh’). I hope I’ve made the right decision. Eek! I look forward to getting Aran’s weekly emails starting from Monday next week.

Croeso @Bill_Evans ! If you’d like to start straight away instead of waiting until next Monday, just send me a message in Slack - Deborah (SSiW)

Hi. Thank you. I am ok to wait. Much appreciated. But, I haven’t received link for Slack. That would be helpful to get on there soon. Diolch yn fawr iawn. Bill

1 Like

Check your spam folder. I think sometimes the Slack emails end up there. If you can’t find it, I’ll send you another one.

Nope. Nothing there. Sorry. If you could send again, that would be great. I’ll confirm receipt. Ta. Bill

@Bill_Evans I’ve just sent you another one now. See if that one finds you.

Sorry. Nothing in Inbox, or Spam, or Trash.
You are sending to bill_evans@btinternet.com
Thanks. Bill

Yes, definitely. That’s very strange, unless it’s just taking ages to get there. You don’t have another email address you could use, do you?

No other email. Sorry. Might just be taking its time. Really no hurry. Let’s wait a week. I’ll message you if something turns up beforehand. Thanks for trying. Hwyl am y tro. Bill

1 Like

Been thinking. Would it work if you sent link to my mobile? ************. Diolch. Bill

EDIT: I’ve noted your number and deleted it so you don’t get spammed - Deborah

The invitations are sent out by Slack itself, so we can’t control where they go except to give a different email address. I’ll look in the Slack Help system to see if there is any information about this.

The Help System only says to check Spam, then contact your ISP to see if emails from Slack are being blocked.
I’ve found that I can message you from inside Slack even though you haven’t received and accepted the invitation, so I’ve tried that. See if you get an email with a Slack message that way.

If not, try going to ssiw66.slack.com and see if you can create your Slack account there.

Hi. Just tried to create account. Message says they have sent a code to my email. Not received. Obviously don’t like my email. Curious. Will look into this when I have time. Thanks. Bill

Ok. Let’s try again. Have added Slack to safe senders list.
Thanks. Bill

Slack emails getting through to my email account now, but when I try to create an account on “SSiW 6/6 Support” (ssiw66.slack.com), email says that there isn’t an account there which is tied to my email address. Curious. Bill

OK, this is very bizarre! But as the emails are getting through to you now, I’ll get Slack to send you a fresh invitation now. Try again with that.

Looking good! Will message you from Slack once I get the hang of it. Success! Thank you for your patience. Bill

1 Like