Cas-gwent, Sir Fynwy (Chepstow, Monmouthshire)

There is a meeting the fourth Saturday of each month in the Lime Tree in St Mary Street Chepstow between 10.30 and 12.00 - table 19. The next meeting is 23rd and everyone is welcome. Participants include those who are fluent, those learning with SSiW and those learning with Coleg Gwent.

1 Like

If I wasnā€™t dan y bawd Iā€™d come to thisā€¦

1 Like

Bore da Norman, Iā€™ll be in Tredegar tomorrow but will keep this meeting in mind.
Hwyl dave.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this meetup again. Itā€™s in the list at the end of the weekly email, but I have someone who gave their forum name as @Aneurin as the contact person. Perhaps that was on the old forum as they donā€™t seem to show up here. Would you be happy to be the contact person for that meetup instead? (Or are you the same person with a different forum name? :wink: )

1 Like

I am not Aneurin, he is the contact for the group.

Today there were 10 of us, 1 person learning with SSIW, 1 person whose first language is Welsh, 2 people currently learning with Coleg Gwent in the Hyfedredd classes, 1 person learning with Coleg Gwent in a class at the Pontio level, and 5 people who have learned Welsh with Coleg Gwent at various levels in the past but no longer go to classes.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great mix of people with different abilities - a chance for everyone to learn from each other!

Helo Dee. I am the elusive ā€œAneurinā€, which I chose as a user name when I joined 3 years ago but am happy to discard in favour of my actual name: Nic(k) Gilbert, whom you met at the September bwtcamp. Thanks to Llanddinol, whom I suspect is my friend Norman, for updating you about the latest successful meeting. This meeting was started by an SSIW learner, Dave Rogers, but he has not attended for a long time so Norman and I, between us, have been encouraging people to keep it going and, as mentioned above, it is an interesting mix of learners and fluent speakers. I would encourage some of those who used to come but who have drifted away, to float back to us on this new tide of enthusiasm. By coincidence, I met Dave recently so perhaps he may decide to come back also.
Hwyl, Nic

2 Likes

Hi Nic, thatā€™s great. Iā€™ll change it to ā€˜nicā€™ in the email list. I just try and put contact names that people can easily use to find you on the forum should they want to ask a question about the meetup. I couldnā€™t find Aneurin at first, but ā€˜nicā€™ is coming up if I put a @ in front of it, so that works well.

The group sounds like itā€™s going well and becoming very successful - llongyfarchiadau!

1 Like

Flynn

I have replied to your message but I am not sure if you will receive it.

As far as I know the meeting in the Lime Tree, St Mary Street, Chepstow on 27th is going ahead as planned. We usually meet between 10.30 and 12.00 sitting around table 19 which is up the small set of steps and then around to the left. We order at the bar and they will bring our order to us.
How will you get to Chepstow and what time will you arrive? .