Caroline caught in the online bootcamp caper

I’d go to Level 1 if I were you - the only possible drawback is that you think ‘Oh, boo, I’m still only on a 1’ to yourself - but keep that out of your head, and it’ll be hugely valuable (because it’s much better!)…:smile:

I’m working through Level 1 (new) at the moment, as I’ve just finished Course 2 and wanted something different before doing Course 3. I’m finding it more and more useful and interesting as I progress (Challenge 19 today). Hope to start Course 3 next week, and sign up for bootcamp the week after. (Too many singing challenges in the next two weeks to make another big commitment). Keep enjoying your learning!

1 Like

Hope to start Course 3 next week

We’ll try to have Level 2 available in the not-too-distant future…:wink:

1 Like

What a wonderful new forum and so many user-friendly features!
Since last posting I have started on the New Course Level 1 and have completed 2 sessions only but love it and keen to move on. In the meantime, the impetus of the bootline challenges has carried on into other Welsh adventures.
Since discovering the Welsh Down Under (Welsh in Australia) website, I have been able to tune into to conversations by Welshies in Oz, both in English and Australian and have posted an event, an invitation to a fundraising showing of the movie Pride (Welsh miner connection!)
I also posted a photo from another Welsh speaking adventure with the previous prime minister of Australia.
At a book signing after a public "Julia Gillard in Conversation’ in the Adelaide Town Hall, I asked her whether she spoke Welsh and ventured a few words of Welsh.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, Caroline! :star2:

What did she say back?!

She said that she didn’t speak Welsh because her parent’s were part of a generation when Welsh speaking wasn’t encouraged. However, I think she understood my Welsh for ‘Well done and thankyou’ because she smiled and nodded her thanks before I translated it in English. The Welsh on the Facebook site say she’s from Barry.

I’d say that’s a heck of a result :star2:

I am quite jealous! Did you suggest she start learning Welsh, now she has a bit more time? :wink:

2 Likes