Cardiff meeting after Christmas

On another thread, Karla has been telling us that she’s coming to Wales from (I think) Australia (or New Zealand?) She’s arriving on 28 December, and staying in Cardiff for a week. It would be lovely to get together to have a chat - would anyone else be up for it?

I realise people might be away visiting relatives and so forth, for the holiday. But I’m around, so if nothing else Karla can come to have a cwrw with me :smile:

Karla: where are you staying? We usually meet in the Mochyn Du, which is about 5-10 minutes’ walk from the centre. But we could always arrange an extraordinary meeting elsewhere if that’s going to prove problematic.

1 Like

Yes, Australia is right! :smile:

I’m doing most of my accomodation through AirBnB, so I’m staying in a house which is about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. As long as I get pointed in the right direction, I should be fine!

1 Like

I will be back from seeing family on the 26th, so it’s just a case of figuring out when I’m working between Christmas and New Years. Hopefully I will be free to stop by for a cwrw too! :smiley:

1 Like

Is it in Pontcanna or Canton? If so, you’re very nearby the pub…

1 Like

I’m in Pontcanna, so it’ll be fine. :smile:

1 Like

Me too! Then you’ll have hardly any distance to stagger! :wink: You might find that your hosts speak Welsh - there’s quite a lot of it round here. It’s worth asking!

1 Like

That’s perfect! I’ll definitely ask her - I’m trying to get by with as little English as possible for the six weeks I’m there.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go once we’ve got a date :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am back in Cardiff on 28th, so available from 29th.

1 Like

I’m up for it too

1 Like

When you say where and when I might consider driving from Cas-gwent (Chepstow).

1 Like

Well how about we say 30th December? It’ll give Karla time to get acclimatised, and everyone to get back from family after Christmas, and then it’s a warm-up for the 31st :wink:

Does that seem like a plan? Wednesday 30 December, 7 pm at the Mochyn Du?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me - on earlies that week I am :smile:

1 Like

Sounds great! Can’t wait to meet you all! :smile:

1 Like

I’m away the 29th/30th so earlier would be better for me - but it is always impossible to suit everyone at this time of year so I could always find Karla at some other point

Hi Cardiff, This is Cacen in Sussex. Can whoever organises the Cardiff meetups possibly get in touch as we have a suggestion we would like to put to you.

Diolch a dw i’n edrych ymlaen at glywed ohonnoch chi.

Hwyl fawr

Mark

1 Like

That’s @ali, but she’s without Internet right now, so you could wait for her to get the Internets back and send a message to someone important, or send something to me instead :smile:

Hi Karla,

Are you still free daytime on Thursday 31st December? I’ve checked the trains are running as normal during the day, and I’ve got a positive response from a couple of people so far. So if you’d like to hop on a train to Barry Island probably early afternoon, we’d love to meet up. Are you out of communication at any point, or can we keep in touch this way nearer the time?

1 Like

Just realised I’m on the Cardiff meeting thread. Apologies for trespassing, but thought it looked the right place for arrangements for Karla’s week in the Cardiff area. And surely she can’t miss Gavin and Stacey town???

1 Like

31st should be fine. I’m planning on getting a sim card as soon as I get to Cymru, so I should be able to contact you when I’m there. :smile:

1 Like