Can't Subscribe

Hi all:

My mum and I both just finished Level 1 Welsh and were planning to go on to Level 2. However, we’ve both had issues subscribing this weekend.

When I tried to subscribe just now, I immediately get the following error:
" The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information."

When my mum tried to subscribe yesterday, she says, “I got an email saying “thank you”, but when I tried to access it, it returned to the screen that says you have to
subscribe. But, following that again, it says I have already done that.”

Could you please look into these issues for us? Thanks! :slight_smile: We both really want to carry on with our SSiW lessons.

1 Like

A little more info to help you out. I just checked my email, and even though I got the error message, I still got the “Subscription Confirmation” email. However, just like my mum, when I went to access Level 2, I got the “This is premium content” page asking me to subscribe.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Just to let you know I’m having exactly the same problem. I subscribed last night but now I’m stuck in the same loop, when I log on to Course 2 lesson 1 it tells me that its premium content and I need to subscribe, but when I enter my card details on the subscription page it tells me that I have already subscribed.
Please help fast, the lessons are flowing really well at the moment!

1 Like

@aran Have you seen these???

1 Like

Tagging @kinetic as well.

1 Like

Hi @margaretwerdermann and @GaryD - very sorry indeed for this - @kinetic is hammering away at it right now - seems as though there may be some kind of problem with our payment gateway - we’ll get it sorted as soon as possible and keep you updated in here - thank you very much for taking the time to let us know :star: :star2:

Thanks, Aran! I’ll just keep reviewing Challenge 25 in Level 1 for now. :slight_smile:

I’ll let my mum know you’re working on it. She’s 80 years old and used to teach French at Ysgol Dyffryn Conwy in Llanrwst. So, as a language teacher, she knows quality content when she sees it. She’s been thrilled with your course and can’t wait to move on to the next level.

1 Like

Hi @margaretwerdermann and @GaryD - I’ve sorted this out for you now so that the subscriptions should be all active and functional!

Also, Margaret - I’ve also located what I believe to be your mum’s account (a subscription to Welsh at a similar time as yours, undergoing the same problem, with an email address provided by the same company) - so it should be sorted for her too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks, Kinetic. Mine is working correctly. I’ll ask my mum to check hers. You’re right - we do have the same email provider, even though she’s about 1500 miles away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Waw! Margaret, your Mum is my inspiration. and a great role model for people who say you can’t learn languages as you get older.

Instead of doing a parachute jump when I reach 80, I’m going to do a course of whatever endangered language SSi is offering by then. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

In all honesty, Bronwen, I should mention that Welsh is not entirely new to my mum. She’s just “brushing up” as I am. She actually had to take Welsh evening classes years ago in order to be allowed to teach in Wales, and she loved it so much that she kept up her learning even after we moved to Canada. She’s been to a few immersion courses at Nant Gwytherin over the years. She hasn’t done much with her Welsh for quite some time, though, and she’s really enjoying getting back into it.

She really is an inspiration, though. She’s always learning new things. She took up wood carving a couple of years ago and has made some quite nice pieces.

I like your idea of doing a course in an endangered language when you’re 80!

Brilliant, mine is working too now, thank you all very much! Time to get practising!

3 Likes

Your Mam is inspiring to me because, like her, I am re-learning rather than learning, but I have been stuck in the 1st Level Challenges for ages, so before I am 80, I will definitely get to level 2!!! (Note, no promise to learn the language of Georgia!!).

1 Like

Just heard from my mum - hers is working now, too. Thanks again for your help!

2 Likes

That’s enormously kind - it’s always a particular pleasure to hear from professionals in the field - do tell her diolch yn fawr iawn from me… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will do. :slight_smile:

1 Like