Bŵtcamp August 2023 - 21st to 28th - Lampeter

Do we know how many people are going?

Lovely to see you getting to know each other here!

The bŵtcamp is full, so 9 people altogether. Some are more familiar with using the forum than others, but hopefully everyone will get in here to say ‘Shwmae’ at some stage :slight_smile:

There’s also the chance to meet others during the private Zoom sessions next Monday - 1pm and 7pm. Check your email for the Zoom link, or send me a private message if you can’t find it.

If you haven’t already done so, can you let me know what you prefer to eat for breakfast so we can get some food in?

Wela i chi i gyd yn fuan!

I’m looking forward to meeting you, too. Hope my Cymraeg will be up to it though!

1 Like

Remember the 2 Zoom sessions available to you today, if you’re able to get to one of them - one at 13:00 BST, and one at 19:00 BST.

If you can’t find the Zoom links in your email, send me a PM and I’ll pass them to you.

I’d just like to thank all my fellow bwtcampers for a fabulous week of hwyl a sbri.
All the events on the timetable were just amazing and speaking to local people in shops and at days out was such an amazing boost for my Welsh.
Nia and Deborah are so supportive thank you both so much.
Wish I’d been able to join the Whatsapp group I need to get a better phone lol
For those who travelled with me in the car on outings it was lovely to have your company, but just a little nudge to make a donation to West Wales Poundies Dog rescue in lieu of my fuel re-imbursement.
It would mean the world to me. The charity is completely volunteer run and every penny goes to the dogs.
I’ve added a link below as poor Sofi is in my thoughts. They are on FB and have a website too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Diolch o galon i bawb. A week I’ll never forget for sure.
Love to all x
Caz

3 Likes

I have finally got round to joining this forum for one reason alone - and that is to echo Caz’s comments about the brilliant August bwtcamp and to add my own appreciation. I for one found it a challenging experience at times; there were moments when it felt like my brain was close to meltdown! To hear yourself making elementary mistakes the moment you open your mouth to speak can be disheartening to say the least. But the atmosphere around bwtcamp was immensely positive, thanks to the patience and gentle encouragement of local people, to a generous and supportive bunch of fellow bwtcampers, and of course to Deborah and Nia, who worked tirelessly to organise an action-packed programme of activities that were fun, enlightening, often hilarious and at times deeply moving. My Welsh still leaves a great deal to be desired, but I come away from the week with memories to treasure, a deeper appreciation of the richness (and, alas, the vulnerability) of Welsh language and culture, and a determination to continue to journey - with all the faltering and stumbling that it inevitably involves - of speaking Cymraeg.
Diolch yn fawr iawn i bawb.
M. xx

4 Likes

Totally agree with everything you’ve said. It was quite an experience. I only wish the complete sentences in my head would have come out more correctly in speech; but my stumbling attempts were received with great kindness from everyone. My donation to the charity has been made. Joy xx

4 Likes

Beautifully put, the whole week was just freakin’ awesome.
I’m so glad to have met you all, hope we meet again some time.
And personally and genuinely I thought everyones’ Welsh was fabulous.
The team spirit was just out of this world and the talent of everyone in the group just blew my mind to be honest - pure magic.

1 Like

Joy your Welsh is great and don’t forget - du du du duuuuu lol
Have a great party on your next birthday it sounds like it’s going to be amazing.
And from the bottom of my heart thank you so much for your very kind donation to WWP, happy tears here. If you’re on Slack WSP we can chat online sometime Xx

1 Like

Bit behind getting into thread - mae’n ddrwg 'da fi - but just to confirm did make my in-lieu of fuel contributions, albeit anonymously (assumed that OK?) - and was lovely, on revisiting, to see initial total for Sofi being surpassed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

August bŵtcamp really was special - I too would like to echo the words above. Such a huge boost, for all the reasons already mentioned - and the difference made by our group’s efforts to stay yn Gymraeg - even if/when our minds went blank, or we had to act things out/ draw them/ say something in a long, roundabout way (because we didn’t know the simple Welsh for it)… We shared our stumbles and our successes, we laughed and grew together.
Diolch o galon i bawb x

PS. Re: WhatsApp Caz, just let us know about anything you know you’d like reposting…

2 Likes

Diolch Ann thank you so much for supporting WWP it means so much to me.
And yes to see the total going over the hoped for amount is truly wonderful.
Thank you also to my fellow bwtcampers and travellers for making a donation to WWP which is what I opted for intead of taking the re-imbursement for fuel costs.
I really do have a big smile on my face and the deepest gratitude to you all for your company, your support and your kind donations.
Happy dance…daws hapus yma…
Caz x

2 Likes