Book launch in Cardiff - 16 March

I was handed a flyer this morning for an event that might interest people within reach of Cardiff.

Lois Arnold has written a new book of stories and poems for Welsh learners called ‘Ffenestri’, and there will be a launch at the Siop Cant a Mil Vintage on Wednesday 16 March at 6.30 pm.

I don’t have any more information than that, I’m afraid, but I’m sure you could find out more by getting in touch with them if you were interested: https://www.cantamilvintage.com

4 Likes

The shop looks very interesting. My inner child already found DVDs with familiar characters (yn Cymraeg wrf cwrs). :slight_smile:

I have to confess I haven’t been yet - despite a friend of mine working there. It’s on the other side of the river, you see…

(I know … shocking laziness!)

Well, I wasn’t really there either but their online shop looks just great! Bookmarked it and might buy a DVD or two of the cartoon heroes I know like Bob the Builder and The Spot. The cartoons are in Cymraeg and the DVDs are 60-70 minutes in lenth. That’s why I’ve said my inner child has already found something.

It will be obviously actual lounch of the book you’ve written above though because I didn’t find it in online shop yet but the description you’ve made got my attention and I might take a look later on after the official lounch to buy it.

1 Like

More info. Well, same info, but with a picture

3 Likes

Ahh, we put it on twitter! Great! (we means SSiW though excluding me of course). :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is lovely in there. I was there yesterday with the CACEN group having te a theisen, and bought a DVD and CD while I was there too. The staff were very welcoming and all spoke Welsh with us.

2 Likes

That is indeed the flyer I was given! Didn’t occur to me to scan it in (d’oh!)

1 Like

There is a bridge you know Sara :wink: You don’t have to swim!

1 Like