Becoming a subscriber

I’ve completed Course 1 and Level 1 and I’d like to have a go at level 2 and become a subscriber, especially since I’ll be going to grad school in North Wales this fall.

My question is, is there a way I can cancel my subscription at any time? (Just in case, of course, I love SSiW and want to support it!)

Diolch!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all payments are initiated by you or your bank. So you can stop them at any time. But it really isn’t expensive.

1 Like

And Welcome to Wales!

1 Like

Yeah, as Margaret has already said, you can start and stop your subs as you like.

Just try not to be one of “them people” who pay a month, download what they want, and cancel. The fee is cheap and all the extras you get as a regular are worth the fee alone. Your support will be very much appreciated and ensure that this course will be available for years to come to help others like you.

Welcome to the forum. :blush:

4 Likes

Oh, hey, congratulations! :star: :star2: Will that be in Bangor?

As others have said, don’t worry, there’s no minimum term - cancel any time… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I just wanted to be sure.

And yes, I will be going to Bangor! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ll have to catch up for a panad some time… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Aran! I’m having trouble purchasing the subscription. I contacted my credit card company (American Express) and they said that it looks like the company is out of business and are no longer able to make transactions. I’m hoping that’s not the case! :slight_smile: Perhaps there’s some technical glitch?

Tagging @aran and @kinetic for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s not the situation as far as we know - I’ll flag this up for Ifan to look at urgently - thanks very much for letting us know!

Hi! I’ve just checked on our payment system and found your failed transactions, and I’m afraid the messages it gives me are:

The customer’s bank has declined their card. The customer will need to contact their bank to learn the cause.

and

The Authorisation was Declined by the bank.

So I’d recommend that you have another go with Amex and see if they change their mind in light of this (and the discovery that we’re definitely not out of business :slight_smile: ). If that doesn’t work, I’ll see if I can get in touch with someone from our payment gateway. Sorry!

2 Likes

The last time this happened to me, it was because my bank charmingly decided that it was far too unlikely that I would be trying to buy something from America…

Fraud protection can be weird. After a problem-free few months of using my card in a variety of countries in eastern Asia, followed by a problem-free couple of months doing so in various parts of the UK, Barclaycard apparently decided last week that a convenience store in London was a step too far, and called me up about it. :laughing:

2 Likes