Bad and good news from Sadwrn.com

The bad news is that Sadwrn.com is closing down at the end of March. This is terrible news for me personally since buying Welsh music is very difficult when you live in a substantially English-speaking part of the country and your nearest record shop is forty miles distant. Moreover, if I’m going to buy Welsh music, I’d rather deal with an enthusiastic welsh company with whom I can communicate through the medium of Welsh. Sadwrn.com ticked those boxes. I really don’t want to have to buy stuff from huge, impersonal mega-corporations that seek unfair commercial advantage by not paying their taxes and moreover cheekily expecting the taxpayer to subsidise the starvation wages they pay their staff.

Anyway, onto the good news. Sadwrn.com needs to get rid of its stock, so it’s cutting its prices by 25% until the end of this weekend (midnight Sunday). You need to use the code chwefror2015 at the checkout. Further discounts and offers are promised over the following weeks. Every cloud…

3 Likes

Newyddion tryst iawn iawn. I buy all my music from Sadwrn. It’s going to be very difficult for me to buy welsh-language CDs now. Looks like I’ll be buying my CDs once a year at the Eisteddfod.

Mm. Mae hynna’n bechod mawr.

Dw i’n gytuno!!!

2 Likes

This makes me soooo sad. I too buy all my Welsh music from Sadwrn, and in fact I have no idea where I will now be able to get it, particularly stuff put out on smaller labels. You will be shocked that such things are not widely stocked here in the U.S.

Hei Rob, or others – now that Sadwrn.com is gone, where can I buy Welsh CDs that aren’t released by Sain (which has its own decent online shop)?

In truth I don’t know. It’s not much point recommending that you go to your local Welsh bookshop, is it?
Most labels have their own mail order service (which, in all honesty, is probably just a box of CDs and jiffy bags under someone’s bed), but it’s all rather haphazard and unsatisfactory.
You just need to come back to Wales more often, Diane!

1 Like