Awesome video from Kasia, learning Welsh in Poland

This is an absolute delight:

Huge congratulations to Kasia… :star: :star2:

@Deborah-SSi - wythnos nesaf, prif stori?! :sunny:

13 Likes

Is Kasia on the Forum? She’s brilliant!! I tried the map, but kam is the nearest I could see to Kasia!

Ooh, she sings too:

11 Likes

Wow! Gwych! That is amazing. And was quite easier to understand and follow another learner than the podcasts on radio Cymru- who would’ve thought :S haha

Have you got a link to her channel you can share? Or the name of it?

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeRhcpFibtXKJnSa2JO1mbQ

Wow!!

3 Likes

Fantastic! Love the accent :sunny:

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi.
Aran, I actually didn’t want that singing thing to reach daylight :wink: which is why I deleted it from my Twitter :wink:
But really big thanks for your kind words. Such feedback makes you keep going. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, oops, sorry! But it’s really lovely…

Do you want me to delete it if I can remember where I’ve posted it?

You’ve really achieved a huge amount - it’s enormously impressive, and will be hugely motivational for other learners… :sunny:

1 Like

Fab! :dizzy:

1 Like

No, wrth gwrs not. If you like it, then it’s entirely fine :smile:

5 Likes

You are amazingly good and an inspiration to us all @katarzynalabuhn !

3 Likes

Ti’n canu dda iawn.
And your three chord strumming was just fine as well. :smile:
Takes some pretty significant courage to perform a song in another language and put it out there for anyone to see; takes some significant talent to execute it as well as you did.

2 Likes

@katarzynalabuhn
Amazing! And quite an inspiration to this beginner (4 mos. at SSiW).
Loved your singing, too. Please learn more songs. . .in any language. :star2:

2 Likes

Diolch,
In fact I’ve been performing this song together with several songs in Irish during a concert here in a pub one night. It was an Irish week in our English department and I was the only musician who is currently involved with the proceedings of our Celtology students’ circle.
So I sang. The difference was that I know nothing of Irish language. That’s difficult - not knowing what you sing and having learned three chords over one week. “Dacw” was my favourite, I understood it and I couldn’t resist singing it there.
Other songs in Welsh? Ie, I guess I might do that later on :wink:

3 Likes

We’re going to hold you to that promise… :sunny:

1 Like

Croeso! Please don’t take your singing off. It’s lovely! And you are a brilliant advertisement for SSiW if that is really how you learned all your Welsh!!

3 Likes

Well, I’m not really a person who likes sticking with one method only, but this one is THE one that really works. And, of course, the only one I really trust and have time for - walking a lot from one place to another.
So, concerning my written vocab that I use in e-mails, Twitter and so on - this is from other sources as well (very few though - geiriadur and one app). But it doesn’t stick to my mind somehow.

The talking presented on the videos, that’s almost exclusively SSiW (it’s “almost” only because Iestyn doesn’t teach words like “Gwlad Pwyl”, which I had to find in a dictionary :wink: ). And this is not my full range yet :wink:
Singing is my personal bonus :wink:

3 Likes

Kasia, would you be willing to do a Skype interview with me in English about your learning process? :sunny:

1 Like

@katarzynalabuhn you absolutely rock! I’ve watched your video yesterday and just had to subscribe to your channel. I am amazed! Only 3 months and you’re such a Cymraeg speaker! DA IAWN TI!

And … why your singing shouldn’t see daylight? Come on! You actually have such brilliant “celtic” voice. Put that back on twitter!

Oh, and, by the way, I like this song very much but I never darred to sing it in million years! I expect more songs from you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you seen any TV in Welsh (S4C)? If so and you would like the UK Government to continue to fund the Channel properly (the only channel in Welsh in the World), please sign the petition at

If you have signed it already, diolch yn fawr!
Edit: to @katarzynalabuhn Diolch yn fawr!! I saw your signature on the petition! I love it when we get people from all over the world!!!