AutoMagic Welsh is here!

Hi Stacey - yes, what we’ve previously called the AutoMagic approach is the approach that the new app uses… :slight_smile:

@nicola-rowlands what you’re describing is what is often called ‘formulaic language’, which doesn’t work very well with the SSi Method - but everything we teach is conversational in that it will actually allow you to have conversations, rather than just say ‘hello’, ‘how are you’ and so on - once you start getting into conversations with people, you’ll find that you begin to recognise the formulaic language other people use with you and then be able to use it yourself :slight_smile:

Hi Arran

Thank you for the explanation, I will look into the formulaic language as a bit of homework on top of my SSi then :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I’d tend to recommend is that you don’t pay too much attention to it, because it will bubble up naturally for you as soon as you start getting into conversations - and ‘Iawn? Iawn!’ will get you up and running with pretty much anyone :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Helo :slightly_smiling_face:
Where can I find a vocabulary list to use with AutoMagic? I’m frequently forgetting new vocab. The app says I’m on 13hrs 45mins so no idea what Challenge that is. It would be very helpful to have an easily accessible source to refer back to. Diolch

There are Vocab lists with the Challenges, that more or less move along through the material in the same order as AutoMagic.

If you go to ‘SSi’ at the top of AutoMagic, or click on ‘Learn’ above, you’ll find the main SSi website. Clicking ‘Learn’ there gives you the choice of ‘Challenges’ and there you’ll find Vocab Lists. They should help.

3 Likes

Thanks Deborah, I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: