Anyone want to join a Hangout experiment next Monday evening?

I have one person who has contacted me to say he’s keen to have a Spanish Hangout next Monday (23/4) at 8pm, and I think @brigitte would like to participate too.

I thought I’d have a go at setting this up, as an experiment, and to explain to others how to do it. If it’s successful and others want to join in, we could set up a rota of people willing to get the Hangout up and running, so the responsibility wouldn’t fall on one person’s shoulders.

So, if you want to join in the experiment - PM me your email address. I’ll get the Hangout up and running, then send you email invitations to join in … at least I’m hoping that’s how it will work :smile:

I’m definitely not ready for this yet, I’m only on Challenge 3, but I would hope to join in some time in the future if it gets up and running.

2 Likes

Yes, Dee, muchas gracias. But I must warn you, my Spanish is by no means ready for conversations.
I know, though, from my Welsh Skype chats, that this is the only way to go on with my conversation skills, because I haven’t people around who speak Welsh or Spanish.
You’ll need much patience with me, Dee.

1 Like

https://hangouts.google.com/call/HuXvU50LxndrXs-fSxswAAEI

We’re live at the moment, but only me and Brigitte. Does anyone want to join us?

1 Like

You did really well Brigitte!! We’re going to have fun when you visit next month :smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry that I had to drop out so fast. I hope you, Owain and Alicia had a good chat afterwards.
Thank you for your kind words. You led the Hangout so well that it was easy to follow and to speak. ( I even suspect that you knew the words and sentences I can say :wink:)
I’d be glad to try again to speak Spanish and I’m looking forward to visiting you.
Tan fis Mai.

1 Like

When you’re here you’ll have to have a chat with my Sunday morning Skype conversation partner. He’s learning English so we practise English some of the time, but lots of Spanish too.

Well done ladies! Muy bien!
If you’re ever on the Welsh slack but want to practice your Spanish with a native speaker, I’m always happy to help. You’ll see me there as Jack D.

2 Likes