'Anita' on S4C

Last of series heno. It is supposed to be funny, but I found tonight’s much more sad than happy. Talk about a cliff-hanger! Dw’i ddim yn hapus!
Ps my edit function is back! Turning off and on of app seems to have worked!

1 Like

I’ve just realised how amazingly talented Rhodri Meilir is. Owain in Byw Celwydd, Dei in Anita and he is Rapsgaliwn!

1 Like

He had a fairly signifiant role in the last series of “Y Gwyll” too. Wonder where he comes from?
He sounds about as Gog as you can get? :wink:

If I remember, Mold, but I could be wrong about that

1 Like

I second that! He always looked unhappy and stressed in Byw Celwydd, but what a lovely, cheeky smile he has in Anita, and such a different character.

1 Like

I am watching an episode of Rapsgaliwn now on Clic, he’s going to milk a cow!

mwyaf cawslyd = cheesiest!

2 Likes

Sorry to switch topic, but does anyone think there will be a 3rd series of Byw Celwydd?
I’m guessing that that was probably the original plan, but I wonder if the viewing figures will justify it?
(I also guess it was not cheap to make).
(I hope there will be another series, by the way! - There are several different ways the politics could go, in theory, so a 3rd series would not be too far fetched).

1 Like

I agree, fun to see him in such different roles! [quote=“mikeellwood, post:27, topic:4703”]
I hope there will be another series
[/quote]

Me, too! I enjoyed that, and am disappointed that I wasn’t able to watch the first series. Plus, it was a great series for Course 2 Vocab words and Course 3 short forms :grin:

So many series I’ve been enjoying - Byw Celwydd, Anita, Gwaith Cartref - are finished - I’m sad! :frowning2: Thank goodness I at least have Rownd a Rownd!

2 Likes

now thats one I really enjpyed

3 Likes

does anyone think there will be a 3rd series of Byw Celwydd?

Yes, but not screened until autumn 2018.

2 Likes

Great! (I mean, sooner would be nice, but these things take time, and actors have other commitments, etc).

1 Like

I am afraid I have no choice as my wife is a huge Bryn fon fan we go to most concerts he performs in and we watch everything he has done on tv we have met him on loads of a occasions and he gave us s gift at our wedding … but I do enjoy Anita and it’s funny educational and as Welsh learner it’s quite easy to keep up with the plot

You’re so lucky to have met him! But now she’ll have to swap to watching him in Pobol y Cwm, though his role is not as much fun as in Anita.

Yes he was in Blaenau Ffestiniog last Saturday night great night and he was telling us he is in the cwm… did you listen to radio cymru on Monday they had a Bryn fon day it was good … Bryn is contracted in the cwm for 10 months so pleanty of the dr elgan Pritchard then

Yes, I listened to some of it - the interview with Beti George in the morning. I might listen to a bit more on Catch-up later on. You can never have too much Bryn Fôn :smile:

I have had about 9 years of him but I never heard of him till I met my wife… but I do understand more if the songs since I started say something in welsh … helped me no end as I couldn’t say a single word 2 years ago so really pleased … how long you been learning if you don’t mind me asking ?

I started in 2008 when I came to live in Wales - always more to learn though :slight_smile:

1 Like