Advanced content

S’mae Pawb,
I have just completed level 3 and am looking for the best way forward.
Reading comments of other people who have reached this stage my circumstances seem the same. I am getting quite confident in constructing sentences from the words and phrases I have learnt on the course. However when it comes to listening to TV programs and podcasts in Welsh I can pick up the odd word but cannot really follow what is being said.
I feel that the advanced content is the way forward and I seem to have access to this through my standard £10 a month subscription.
Could somebody please tell me how to access the written transcripts that accompany the advanced content and how best to use it.

Diolch yn fear iawn.

Well done on finishing level 3 - bendigedig!
The written transcripts and translations for the advanced listening content can be downloaded by clicking the link beneath each sound file and the thing to do is to follow the method: listen > read Welsh transcript > listen again > read English translation > listen again.
There is a mix of Southern and Northern speakers, so you may well find some chats will seem more difficult than others, but stick with them!

And of course, carry on with listening to TV/radio/podcasts whenever you can - even just having them on in the background while you do something else and therefore not consciously listening, will really help.

Another thing, if you haven’t already jumped in, is to start having chats in the Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack.
Also, if you can, sign up for a bootcamp!

Thanks Sharon,
Attached is what I see when I go to the advanced content.
I cannot see where I go to download the transcript.
Any advice please.

1 Like

Ah, right - is that on a phone? I’ve only ever used a PC, so this is what I see

In which case, we need someone who’s accessed them on their phone to help point you in the right direction (I’m not techy enough!)

1 Like

Hi @hillt2878 and @siaronjames

The transcripts and translations need to be downloaded or printed out (!) from a browser on a computer ( or a browser on your phone - see below) - only the audio is available in the app.

Rich :slight_smile:

Thanks Rich!

1 Like

Thanks Siaron & Rich. Time to dust the computer off as I normally work on an iPad.

2 Likes

…the iPad would be absolutely fine ( in fact very good indeed if that’s what you are listening on ) - if you browse to the SSIW website on your iPad you can view the transcript and translation right there.

Rich :slight_smile:

All sorted. Thanks for your help… Tom

2 Likes