Acarbo de comenzar a aprender espanol

Because if I’m already paying for it via the Growth Club, then why not? I started about three hours ago, and did the first five lessons of level 1 (giving myself 5-10 minute breaks in between), followed by listening to the listening practice. Undecided whether I’m going to do another five tomorrow before giving myself a five day break, or whether I’m going to leave them until next week. Towards the middle of lesson 5, I occasionally found myself starting to say the sentence in Welsh instead of Spanish (“I still have more to learn” - “Mae d… wait, that’s not right…”), but never mind…

2 Likes

Great work! I’ve desparately left the whole thing already in Challenge 3 (didn’t even start it) but I know how those mixing things work. I tend to mix everything sometimes mostly starting to put German or English words into Cymraeg sentences and when I try to speak that little Spanish I know I tend to use more Italian words as if I’d speak Italian itself (which slipped out of my memory and slowly gaining way back in). :slight_smile:

If those 5 Challenges were easy task for you then I’d go for another 5 tomorrow if I were you.

That’s the spirit!

Can’t wait to see how you react when we start publishing some Manx… :sunny:

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t manage to find enough time all at once to do the next five, so I did two the the following day, one on Saturday and two more yesterday. I had some trouble making out ha echo and esta haciendo until I looked at the vocabulary list for that lesson - and when my brain started getting tired I started mixing up my Welsh and Spanish again (I nearly said “Mae dal tengo mwy que aprender” at one point…), but otherwise it went fairly well.

1 Like

I think getting to that level of tiredness is always a really good thing to achieve - I’ve suspected for years that there’s a point beyond tiredness where the brain finds it easier to accept that you appear not to want to talk your main language… :sunny:

I learnt French as a child through the medium of welsh and still find it easier sometimes to come at french through welsh! how the brain works is so weird!

2 Likes

Well, that’s lessons 11 through 15 out of the way, with a short break for my tea. My head hurts; I’m going to bed…

Buenas noches!

That sounds like someone learning at a healthy speed…:wink:

Well, it’s been a while, but time to get back to this. I can’t remember which lesson I did last, so I’ll probably start around 13-14 and progress from there. If I can get back to five lessons a week, I might well end up finishing this course before the Southern Welsh course gets done ;).

3 Likes

Best of luck Hector, and keep us informed about your progress. The mutual support aspect of the forum is very important I believe - we can all help each other learn this language if we keep in touch. Lets get the forum buzzing! :slight_smile:

Hasta pronto,

Stu

1 Like