A little help with Slack

I don’t know where to find Slack. Should I have received a link?

On mobile devices, the easiest way is to install the Slack app from either the Play Store or the Apple Store, whichever is appropriate.

On devices like laptops or desktop PCs, just start your preferred web-browser and go to welshspeakingpractice.slack.com

This “WSP” workspace is open to everyone, but you need to have an invitation link which should have been sent to you via email. And if you are on a structured course, you should also gain access to a dedicated workspace nicknamed 6/6. In either case you can email admin@saysomethingin.com asking for the invite links again. (Maybe check your email spam folder?)

Tagging @Deborah-SSi for further assistance.

1 Like

@ann-haslam it looks like you’ve been sent a Slack invitation but haven’t responded, so as Hendrik suggests it probably went into your Spam. I’ve just sent you another invitation to the 6/6 Support Slack group as you’re in a structured course. Check your Spam if you don’t see it in your Inbox.

Hi, What is this Slack website? Can anyone join? I am starting a Dysgu cymraeg course in January x

@Dax the SSiW 6/6 Support Slack workspace is for people paying a subscription and doing one of our structured courses, e.g. the 6 Minutes a Day course.

There is a free open Slack group though - Welsh Speaking Practice - and anyone can join that. Just send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com with WSP as the subject and you’ll receive an invitation to join.

Oh thank you for explaining! I have not actually subscribed yet. I am still making my way through the free course on the app…I am very slow. but Intend to sign up for a proper course once I’ve completed them :slight_smile: Thank you for your help! X

1 Like

Hi Deborah. I have no idea if you’re the right person, but I feel as though I need help!!! I’m nominally on week 20/21 of the course, and I’ve been trying to keep some sort of a grip on the 30 min lessons each week (but barely!!!), BUT I’ve done nothing else. I know I’m supposed to do speaking, listening, recordings etc, but I feel as though I’ve really lost my way. If I go to the forum I see posts from five years ago, and I was on some sort of interactive chat platform (Slack?) at the very start, but soon dropped out. Can I somehow reset?? Can you point me in the
right direction?!?

Hi @steve-mcgrath! I’ve found you in the 6/6 Support Slack and sent you a message from inside there to help you find your way back in.
Once you’re there, have a look in the Channel #1-start-here which explains how to use the Slack support and also gives you the timetable for the online group sessions.
If you get a chance, try joining in a Q&A or a NEWYDD session first of all. Next week will be a little different as Nia and I will both be at Bŵtcamp, but Kai will be there running the usual sessions.
If you’re finding the 30 minutes a bit much, you might like to give the new AutoMagic Beta a try. It lets you do just as much as you want, then continues from that place when you start it up again. Go to ‘Learn’ then ‘AutoMagic Beta’ at the top of the website to give it a try.

I also went on Slack but have no idea whether I have had any response. All this is not easy for those who have never used an online forum in their lives!

Helo Rachel,
I’ve sent you a message from within the WSP Slack group, so you should get an email alert. Check your spam if you don’t see it. Once you respond to that, I’ll be able to help you find your way around in there.

Deborah