A few course queries

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working my way through course 2, lesson 2, and thoroughly enjoying it. But, as I only get around 25 mins a day in which to cram everything in, I’ve got a few queries some of you may be able to help with :slight_smile:

1 - As I’m now doing the practice sessions for the whole of course 1, is it still advisable to use the practice sessions for lessons 1-6?
2 - I’m a northern SSIW’er, but still keen to understand how those in the south phrase things. Is it best to do the southern practices sessions, or do the new southern course?
3 - As I’m currently doing course 2, is doing the new northern course along side it recommended?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 - As I’m now doing the practice sessions for the whole of course 1, is it still advisable to use the practice sessions for lessons 1-6?

Nope, ditch them…:wink:

2 - I’m a northern SSIW’er, but still keen to understand how those in the south phrase things. Is it best to do the southern practices sessions, or do the new southern course?

I’d probably say the new course, because by the time the listening practice materials are available for it, they’re going to be miles better than the current stuff.

3 - As I’m currently doing course 2, is doing the new northern course along side it recommended?

Try it and see how you feel! I think I would personally choose to finish one course before starting another, but there’s no particular reason for that, just my naturally retentive approach…:wink:

Gwych! Diolch Aran :slight_smile:

Hi Danny. I’d just like to add a bit to Aran’s reply.

There’s quite a few northerners who have wanted to learn a bit of southern (and vice versa), and done that by using the practices, rather than the full course. Because both courses use the same sequence and patterns, the material in the practices will all be stuff that you know how to say in northern already.

So, rather than using valuable learning time re-learning the same stuff in a slightly different accent, you could use the southern course 1-6 practices (to start with). Either just listen, or do the speaking practices, answering in northern, but hearing the southern Welsh come back at you. I don;t think you’ll struggle with the southern (they’re not that different), and you won;t waste your valuable 25 mins!