35 Awr

Is anyone watching 35 awr? I was until it suddenly became unavailable for international viewers and now I’m pretty frustrated (only 2 episodes left D: ) not getting to know who the killer is, and whether or not they decide the guy is innocent, and what happens to the (now apparently evil) police guy, and… :sweat:

Would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what happened last episode! (also feel free to discuss the show in general if you want to)

I wanted to catch up today, too, and saw that it disappeared from the international section and I asked S4C on Twitter what’s going on. Apparently it shouldn’t have been on there in the first place.
Guess we’ll have to find out the denouement by word of mouth. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I messaged S4C about it too :confused: First they thought it was a bug and told me they’d make it available again, but today I received another email saying they found out it wasn’t supposed to be available internationally… Hopefully someone comes along to help us :smile:

Programme - really, really, really good.
Being available then not - absolutely rubbish!

How can they give you 6 episodes then say you can’t watch the last 2?! That’s evil.

2 Likes

Noooooooo! I just finished all three series of 35 Diwrnod and was about to start watching 35 Awr! I’m so disappointed! :angry:

1 Like

That’s really disappointing! I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, but I assume it’s the last one. I started watching the beginning and it had “1 awr i fynd”.

1 Like

Well, we finished watching the series last night but I really don’t want to say anything about it for fear of ruining it for others.

I will say this though … it’s a really, really good series that leaves about a million questions unanswered. Very let down by the ending.

Please let me know what you think @Deborah-SSi.

1 Like

I didn’t feel let down by the ending in terms of what happened with the jury members, but I was disappointed at who the murderer turned out to be. That was a bit weak. Apart from that I still thought it was one of the best suspense dramas I’ve ever seen and I really enjoyed it.
So disappointing for the overseas viewers who’ve had a taste of it, but don’t get to see the end.

1 Like

I must have been watching a different series! I thought it started well, in the jury room, and then got soapier and soapier. I did watch to the end, with growing incredulity, but after just two days, I have forgotten who did it, so no chance of a spoiler from me…

1 Like

Am I right in thinking the singer of Cadno is in this? I swear it is! Anyway, it’s a good series so far (on episode 3)!
@Novem have you managed to see the end yet?

1 Like

Yup, thats her :slight_smile:

Yes, I have! (thanks to @gisella-albertini)

2 Likes

Vague spoiler-y stuff ahead:

I don’t know how I feel about the ending. I like open endings, so having all the different storylines just sort of cut off with that big event was kind of interesting since it leaves you thinking about what happens next for each character… But then the murder itself felt awkward and out of character. Unexpected but in a bad way, if that makes sense :smile: I did like the series in general, though!

Awesome, I’m glad you managed to see it. I’m having to stop at episode three until tomorrow! I hope it gets back to the court case in the next episode…

1 Like

What a load of rubbish!

Explanation please … what was it that you thought was a load of rubbish? The story? The characters? The ending? The content? What?

1 Like

People have different opinions and it is not always necessary to justify this difference but to respect that there is a difference of opinion.
Most other drama series on S4C have been good and worth watching so I thought I would watch 35 Awr and also improve my Welsh. there was no real story line, it was more like a soap opera with each character having a ‘staring role’ at some stage during the series. I find it hard to believe that jurors would act in the same way in a normal life situation - Sex in the toilet during the first coffee break, drunkenness, murder, attempted hanging, unlawful and intrusive private photography and really why was this being done and so on. What happened to the person wrongly accused of murder, what happened to the real murderer, What happened to the trial. There were so many questions left unanswered at the end of the series. Hopefully this has not left the door open for another series.

1 Like

Thank you for this explanation, I believe everyone’s opinion is as important as another but I also believe that seeing reasons does help the reader. I agree with most of your points to be honest. I was gripped but it did seem like every little reveal opened up more questions … and the ending, well, I’m still lost.

Someone asked on twitter:
“Un cwestiwn: oedd y nwy dal ‘mlaen yn gegin y gwesty yn y diwedd?!” (Was the gas left on in the hotel kitchen in the end?)
Iestyn Arwel (Taz) answered: “Cynnodd Val fag ar ol mynd mewn a nawr ma pawb wedi marw.” (Val lit a fag after going back in and now everyone’s dead.) :joy:

2 Likes