10 day super intensive - for beginners or frustrated intermediates

For those of you who aren’t following along on Facebook - we’re rolling off the covers on the next step of our experimentations with intensity - a 10 day course aiming for the 10th of September.

Here’s what I’ve just stuck up on Facebook:

’10 Day Super Intensive Welsh - aka 'Are You Completely Insane?'

Just in case the post on the thread lower down doesn’t get shared properly (yes, Facebook is a mystery to me), here’s an update to let you know that we’ve opened booking for…

A brutal (but transformative) 10 DAY super intensive starting on the 10th of September (self-catering).

We know what happens on a 5 day intensive (and it’s great) but the second half of this is experimental, so we’re not charging for that bit - so this is the same price as our 5 day intensives (which are now £1000).

Here’s the earlier post:

We can promise two things:

By the end, you WILL be using and understanding Welsh in extended conversations - however punch-drunk you feel! - and you’ll leave us with the confidence to get yourself into Welsh conversations wherever you find them.

You will be EXHAUSTED. Your brain will feel as if someone’s been playing non-stop basketball with it.

PLEASE DON’T CONSIDER DOING THIS UNLESS…

You have a VERY high tolerance for mistakes (because you’ll make thousands, which is vital to the methodology)…

You have a cheerful and friendly attitude (because going through this much pain in company makes you either friends or enemies for life!)…

You really understand that this is going to be one of the toughest things you ever do…:slight_smile:

If you’re okay with all that, then email me (Aran) at admin@saysomethingin.com and I’ll send you a link for you to transfer the 50% deposit (only refundable if we cancel).

It’s first come first served, and we have 4 places available, but I’m happy to answer any further questions either here or via email…:-)’

If you’d be kind enough to share that FB post (it’s here: https://www.facebook.com/5dayWelsh/posts/1338615296228972) or the Twitter post (here: https://twitter.com/DailyWelshWords/status/874627723351785472) - and/or point anyone you know who might be brave enough at it, I’d be extremely grateful… :star: :star2:

1 Like

Aran, I was a bit worried when I read that. £500 is a lot and it is mind watering to contemplate someone losing it because he or she gets sick just before the course!
I am sure you meant to put in a bit about cancelling without good reason, but I’m not even sure if £500, half the full cost, is an OK deposit. I thought these were reservation fees, not large in comparison with the full cost. I just thought it might be a good idea to check with your solicitor that what you have put fits with the Fair Contracts Legislation.
I would hate SSiW to end up labelled as law bending due to a bit of careless wording! I knw how easy it is to realise later that what I put wasn’t exactly what I meant!

Thank you so much for your concern - but no, what I’ve put is exactly what we mean, developed over 8 years of running Bootcamps - as always, we encourage people to take out insurance if they think they might need to cancel for any reason, and naturally all our learners are covered by all normal consumer protections.

4 Likes

I’d love to have come on this and would have used it to kick me off my current plateau. However, the timing conflicts with our Outer Hebridean holiday where another Celtic language prevails. :smile:

I’ll keep an eye open for future intensive opportunities.

3 Likes